Second Quarter Earnings 2012
Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:00 p.m. ET
| || |
| || |
|Title||Second Quarter Earnings 2012|
|Date and Time||Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:00 p.m. ET |
|Details||Live dials: |
Domestic: (800) 374-1731
International: (706) 679-5876
The information on this website may contain forward-looking statements within the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements other than those that are purely historical are forward-looking statements. Words such as “expect,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “intend,” “plan,” “project,” and similar expressions also identify forward-looking statements.
Because these forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, there are important factors that could cause the company's actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These factors include, without limitation, the following:
- the risk that adjustments to the company’s unaudited financial statements may be identified through the course of the company’s independent registered public accounting firm completing its integrated audit of the company’s financial statements and financial controls;
- the risk that additional information may arise during the company’s close process or as a result of subsequent events that would require the company to make adjustments to the financial information;
- the risk that changes in general economic conditions or consumer spending patterns will have a negative impact on the company’s financial performance or strategies;
- the highly competitive nature of the company’s business in the United States and internationally;
- the risk that the company or its franchisees will be unsuccessful in gauging fashion trends and changing consumer preferences;
- the risk that the company’s efforts to expand internationally may not be successful and could impair the value of its brands;
- the risk that trade matters, sourcing costs, events causing disruptions in product shipments from China and other foreign countries, or an inability to secure sufficient manufacturing capacity may disrupt the company’s supply chain or operations, or impact its financial results;
- the risk that the company’s franchisees will be unable to successfully open, operate, and grow the company’s franchised stores;
- the risk that the company or its franchisees will be unsuccessful in identifying, negotiating, and securing new store locations and renewing, modifying or terminating leases for existing store locations effectively;
- the risk that comparable sales and margins will experience fluctuations;
- the risk that the company will be unsuccessful in implementing its strategic, operating and people initiatives;
- the risk that changes in the company’s credit profile or deterioration in market conditions may limit its access to the capital markets and adversely impact its financial results and its ability to service its debt while maintaining other initiatives;
- the risk that updates or changes to the company’s information technology (“IT”) systems may disrupt its operations;
- the risk that the company’s IT services agreement with IBM could cause disruptions in the company’s operations and have an adverse effect on the company’s financial results;
- the risk that acts or omissions by the company’s third-party vendors, including a failure to comply with the company’s code of vendor conduct, could have a negative impact on its reputation or operations;
- the risk that the company does not repurchase some or all of the shares it anticipates purchasing pursuant to its repurchase program;
- the risk that the adoption of new accounting pronouncements will impact future results;
- the risk that changes in the regulatory or administrative landscape could adversely affect the company’s financial condition, strategies, and results of operations; and
- the risk that the company will not be successful in defending various proceedings, lawsuits, disputes, claims, and audits.
The company assumes no obligation to publicly update or revise its forward-looking statements even if experience or future changes make it clear that any projected results expressed or implied therein will not be realized.
|Unauthorized recording or downloading of this event is not permitted.|
© Copyright 2009 Thomson Reuters . All rights reserved.